- Pryor, OK
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
Scale AI is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic leader to join the controllership function, supporting the dynamically evolving revenue accounting landscape. This visible role will report to the Controller and will be responsible for developing and managing the end-to-end revenue accounting processes. You must have the ability to think at a deep level about automations, processes, and procedures and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves that will contribute to the company’s success.
Our ideal candidate has the highest moral standards and is experienced in handling highly confidential information. You are a dedicated team player, self-motivated, extremely organized, and detail oriented. In this role, you will partner closely with cross-functional business partners, engineers, and the broader finance team to drive scalable accounting operation solutions for day-to-day and month-end close activities. You have a strong business acumen with your accounting background and your excellent communication skills to provide sound advice to your business partners. You excel in problem-solving, leading automation projects, recommending solutions, and thinking strategically on a process level. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a fast paced and rapidly growing environment, and who is excited to advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth.
- Develop robust accounting processes and controls for new products, and maintain and improve existing processes and controls for existing products. Ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal revenue recognition policy
- Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by driving automated solutions
- Support legal, sales and deal desk teams during deal negotiations. Coordinate with sales and legal team post-deal negotiations to monitor revenue accounting impact
- Partner with Sales Ops and Engineering on designing, testing, and delivery of revenue system solutions Own customer billing cycle from sales order to cash collection, ensuring all customer data is recorded accurately in company ERP system Ensure compliance with key control objectives in the revenue accounting cycle
- Work closely with external auditors
- Supporting ad-hoc accounting projects and analysis as required
Ideally you’d have
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Accounting
- 7+ years accounting experience; public accounting is a MUST; start-up experience is a PLUS
- Proven experience in providing and implementing accounting guidance on technical matters not limited to ASC606 and ASC340
- Experience with SalesForce CPQ is a PLUS
- Strong analytical & research skills
- Ability to roll-up the sleeves to execute and prioritize tasks and problem solve in a fast and less-structured environment
- Desire to work in a team environment and able to work across different business units Self-starter with an interest in learning
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Nice to haves
- Proven experience in implementing and maintaining best in class financial reporting controls
- Proven experience in partnering with Sales Operations to implement CPQ
- Proven experience in written up technical memos or accounting policies
- Experience with SQL, NetSuite or other major ERP
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.