- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 13, 2021
Scale is looking for a Head of IT to lead our growing and internationalizing team! We are looking for a leader who is excited by the challenge of supporting a rapidly growing organization with domestic, distributed, and international presences. Scale enables some of the largest organizations in the world in their development of artificial intelligence solutions, underpinned by excellence in our internal operations. Our IT organization delivers highly automated, proactive, and customer-first support for our employees and our workspaces.
The Head of IT will be responsible for leading and managing a high performing team of experienced and results-first IT professionals. This person should have a strong track record of bringing out the best in people and teams that they have managed, creating a positive environment where employees are engaged, excited, and invested in the big picture goals that we are working towards. The role will be based in San Francisco and will be a hybrid in-office role.
- Expand Scale’s IT organization to a global footprint, supporting our distributed workforce.
- Provide leadership and direction for scaling support for a rapidly growing company.
- Maintain alignment and process consistency across time zones and cultures.
- Operationalize delivery and support of IT services, including networking, endpoint support, single-sign on, and AV.
- Manage the activities and personnel associated with providing IT helpdesk services to internal customers by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems with IT services and systems across the globe.
- Drive constant improvement with service management, metrics, self-service and other request reduction approaches.
- Coordinate with vendors and with company personnel in order to facilitate purchases and office builds.
- Keep our knowledge base up-to-date and provide training when needed.
- Identify ways to streamline common processes and ensure we maximize value within the IT function.
- Coordinate with Security and Legal to ensure IT is delivering on Compliance goals and obligations.
- Drive strategic planning and budgeting for company-wide IT expenditures.
- Maintain asset inventory, software purchases, licenses.
- You have 10+ years of experience across engineering and IT functions and 5+ years of IT leadership and management experience
- BS in engineering/computer science or comparable experience
- You are experienced with managing and aligning a global team consisting of employees, partners and vendors, and providing IT systems and services for a global distributed workforce.
- Experience configuring, deploying, and managing with the following IT systems:
- Cloud-based enterprise identity management including Okta, SSO, SAML, etc.
- Cloud enterprise services such as Google Workspaces, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Configuration management systems such as Fleetsmith/JAMF/InTune/Kandji.
- Diverse fleet of IT assets including endpoints, office networking, and A/V conferencing systems.
- Experience with implementing security compliance standards for IT systems such as SOC2, ISO27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, etc.
- Experience with implementing security compliance standards for federal government contractors such as NIST 800-171 and CMMC.
- You have great people skills and are driven to solve people’s problems and make their day.
- You have the ability to learn quickly and lead the team through change in a dynamic environment.
- You have been in a lead role within an IT organization, working cross-functionally with other leaders to align priorities and debug processes.
- You have excellent communication and customer service skills – you work well with people and can put a frustrated user at ease.
- You have strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- US citizenship and eligibility for a security clearance.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.