- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
Scale is looking to grow our IT Operations team! We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced environment that pushes you to learn while doing. This role needs to be great with people and intensely focused on automation. You will help ensure we provide world-class onsite technology support for our employees and our spaces. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing our onsite support team across the globe, focusing on speedy issue resolution for employee IT issues, proactive improvements, and a robust customer-first mindset. You will lead a globally distributed onsite support team that provides IT support for our employees and maintains in-office technologies such as Zoom rooms, printers, digital signage, among others. We are looking for a passionate people leader who loves motivating, inspiring, and developing their team. This person should have a strong track record of bringing out the best in people and teams that they have managed, creating a positive environment where employees are engaged, excited, and invested in the big picture goals that we are working towards. This IT Operations Manager will provide frictionless support, share best practices, and be a trusted advocate for our internal customers. Our conference rooms are an essential part of the workplace experience - quick issue resolution and regular proactive maintenance are vital to keeping the organization running. You have experience establishing support SLAs and success metrics, measuring performance against those targets, and communicating results. This manager is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and assist the teams as needed.
- 3+ years of people management experience with technical teams
- Focus on people development, including goals, development plans, and mentorship.
- Ensure that the team has a clear understanding of their career paths and measurements of success.
- You must have a proven understanding of internet and SaaS applications (browsers, Slack, GSuite, Okta etc.), hardware (Apple/Windows), networks, and operating systems.
- Provide IT assistance to all Scale employees for tasks including password resets, access requests, A/V help, etc.
- Automate onboarding, offboarding, and access workflows for all Scaliens
- Work with functional teams and business leaders to ensure all standard profiles for new hire access are kept up to date.
- Strong understanding of people development practices, setting and measuring goals with team members, identifying stretch opportunities, and motivating team members to do their best work.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing support projects - aligning on schedule and resources and successfully delivering on the agreed scope
- Promote best practices as established by Corporate IT and redirect inquiries as necessary to the secondary team
- Track, resolve or dispatch all issues in our internal ticketing system.
- Administrate and integrate cloud services e.g., Google Workspace, Slack, Okta, AWS, Spoke, and many more.
- Create and update technical documentation for internal IT teams and Scale employees.
- Manage vendor relationships and ensure they’re providing the best service to our internal customers.
- Focus on monitoring and proactive alerting so that our support team finds and resolves issues before they impact our employees.
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: “How can I make things better?”
- Robust data-driven mindset and help drive the team forward with standardized SLAs and success metrics.
Ideally you’ll have:
- 10+ years of IT experience overall, with 3+ years of experience in leading teams
- Deep understanding of computer fundamentals: networking, hardware & operating systems
- Experience performing hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting on Mac & Windows laptops and iOS & Android devices
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, and Microsoft Intune
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices while using tools like Slack or Zoom to support them.
- Solid financial/budget management experience - tracking spend to a defined budget, managing PO/invoices, and vendor management
- Experience with international office support and deployment
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.