- Washington, DC
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Scale is looking to grow the IT org! We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast paced environment that pushes you learn while doing. This role needs to be great with people and strongly focused on automation. Ideally you have been the sole IT person at a startup before and are excited by being an early member of the team here at Scale. You will be someone who focuses on patterns and doesn’t like doing the same thing twice. Your goals in this position is making people happy while creating simple and repeatable solutions for all!
- Provide 2nd/3rd level support to the existing IT team
- Automate onboarding, offboarding and access workflows for all Scaliens
- Promote best practices as established by Corporate IT and redirect inquiries as necessary to secondary team
- Administrate and integrate cloud services e.g. Gsuite, Slack, Okta, AWS, Spoke, and many more
- Create and update technology documentation for internal IT teams and for Scale employees
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: “How can I make things better?”
- Live in the DC metro areas and be willing to travel
- Have security clearance or the ability to hold security clearance
- Manage our internal infrastructure including: Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and Microsoft Intune
- Tightly integrate our existing cloud infrastructure with a focus on securing identity and improving access control
Ideally you’d have:
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Experience with integrating with SaaS APIs
- Deep understanding of computer fundamentals: networking, hardware & operating systems
- Understanding of L2 and L3 OSI Network Layers
- Scripting experience with Bash, Powershell and/or Python
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible preferred)
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices, while using tools lack Slack or Zoom to support them
- Experience with backups, high availability and overall infrastructure resiliency for cloud technologies
- Security and Compliance focused mindset
- Past Experience in an ISSM (Information System Security Manager) role
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.