- United States
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
Scale is searching for an experienced Platform Security Engineer. As the first dedicated Platform Security Engineer, you’ll be working with a team of other engineers to build out and secure our rapidly expanding infrastructure in AWS. Scale’s platform is an industry leader in providing AI/ML services to its customers, and the security and management of customer data is critically important.
Major elements of our platform include AWS, Linux, Terraform, Kubernetes, SQL, and NoSQL. We have applications and tools written in several languages (Python, Go), but are primarily a Typescript / Node shop.
You will report directly to Scale’s Head of Security and bring security best practices and specific cloud and infrastructure security expertise to the party. Together with Scale’s infrastructure team, you will solve complex security problems that enable Scale engineering to be nimble, move fast, but maintain the highest levels of security.
- Work to define and improve general security posture across Scale’s production infrastructure.
- Propose, design, build, and deploy automation that improves the Security of Scale.
- Improve monitoring and alerting systems to help Scale react to security threats quickly and efficiently.
- Identify areas that Scale can improve its cloud security and engineer solutions across the engineering organization.
- Work closely with Scale’s infrastructure team as the subject matter expert on all things Infrastructure & Cloud Security.
- Mentor Scale engineers surrounding Platform Security best practices and engage with them on new projects, products, and initiatives.
- This role could be a fit if you have
- Strong experience securing AWS-based Cloud environments.
- Ability to interact comfortably with AWS via CLI and API.
- Specific expertise in data security, cloud environment attack surfaces, networking at L4 and L7, DNS, and other cloud relevant network security concerns.
- Experience designing systems to manage the automation of authoring, managing, and modifying IAM including policies, roles, and trusts.
- Good knowledge of managing AWS data security including S3/KMS/CloudFront.
- Experience with corporate identity management solutions including SAML/MFA (Okta preferred).
- Experience with Kubernetes and containerization.
- Experience hardening and monitoring Linux in production environments.
- Possess or could obtain one of the following certifications: CISSP, CASP+, GCED, GCIH, GCFA, CISA, CEH, etc.
- Position requires US citizenship.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.