- Washington, DC
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
Scale is searching for an experienced Security Engineer to take point building out security controls for our federal customers. As a Security Engineer, you are responsible for the security of Scale’s government customers and their data. Your technical expertise is second only to your integrity and real passion for security and technology in general. You’ll be hands-on, securing infrastructure that’s accelerating mission critical AI projects for customers across the United States. An ideal candidate works well on a team, is highly motivated, and enjoys solving problems and taking on new challenges.
You will report directly to Scale’s Head of Security and bring security best practices and specific infrastructure security expertise to the team. Together with Scale’s infrastructure team, you will solve complex security problems that enable Scale engineering to be nimble, move fast, but maintain the highest levels of security. You have a strong security mindset, care deeply about infrastructure, and are excited to protect our network and endpoints against all threats. You’ll design, architect, and drive security posture changes for ScaleAI, and work to make life hard for our adversaries.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls in our federal environments.
- Provide security domain expertise on protective controls, including system, network, encryption, and authentication services.
- Design, architect, and implement detection and monitoring security controls (Filebeats, ELK, OSQuery, Nessus, etc.) in order to continuously monitor for malicious activity.
- Use Infrastructure automation and configuration management (Ansible, etc.) to push out hardened configurations (STIGs) and ensure compliance with those hardening standards.
- Improve Scale’s security through continuous evaluation and improvement of Scale’s Infrastructure As Code configuration as it relates to AWS deployment.
- Perform security evaluations and research on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services to protect Scale data.
- Partner closely with other members of the Infrastructure, Engineering, and Security teams to drive impactful changes to the company’s network defense posture.
- This role could be a fit if you have
- 3+ years of direct information security experience with deep exposure in protecting one or more operating system platforms (Linux, Windows, macOS).
- Have an active TS//SCI security clearance.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Ability to independently own projects and balance competing priorities, whilst still effectively collaborating with colleagues.
- Experience with public cloud service providers (e.g. Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with infrastructure automation platforms (e.g. Ansible, Packer, Terraform, etc.).
- Experience with security monitoring and detection tools and workflows (e.g. Filebeats, ELK, Nessus, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python, or similar).
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
At Scale, we believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.