- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 22, 2021
Scale’s Security Team is looking for a Security Engineer to enhance SOC/SIEM technologies to provide advanced monitoring and anomalous detection capabilities for Scale systems. You will be a part of our inclusive, collaborative team responsible for ensuring the security of Scale’s assets. You will be working with the team to take on projects which gather telemetry from many sources, identify risks from that telemetry, and automatically remediate those risks. To complete this mission we need people who are passionate about automation and detection and response - willing to go the extra mile to find the needle in the haystack. We believe in creating teams not rockstars, progress with a path to perfection, and creating an environment that fosters research. We measure success not by how many bugs you find or tasks you complete, but by how much risk you reduce in the organization and how you work to improve the security of those around you. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!
- Work directly with our Head of Security as our first security operations hire to build a Security Operations Team from the ground up.
- Work directly with engineering and security leaders to build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to intrusions and security threats.
- Detect and respond to company-wide security incidents including triage, remediation, and documentation.
- Develop security incident response playbooks and processes
- Communicate risks and mitigations across multiple audiences with varying levels of sensitivity.
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks to ensure safety within our enterprise network, corporate services, and platform applications running within a cloud environment.
- Stay current with and remain knowledgeable about new threats. Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) from security events across a large heterogeneous network of security devices and end-user systems
- Participate in and support the on-call rotation for Security Operations
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 2 - 5 years of security operations experience, ideally at a fast growing startup
- Experience deploying, configuring, and administering advanced technologies like SIEM, SOAR or UEBA
- Experience obtaining Security Operations Metrics (MTTD/MTTR)
- Experience in red vs. blue team wargames, usage of MITRE ATT&CK framework for incident simulations, and tabletop exercises
- Experience in intrusion detection and incident response
- In-depth experience in remotely and locally administering multiples of MacOS, Windows, Linux.
- Demonstrable scripting / programming skills.
- Knowledge in cloud-based services and infrastructure (AWS, Okta, Google Workspaces, Slack) and automation tools around these services (Terraform, GAM)
- A love for figuring out how things work and solving problems
- Are excited to learn new things, build new things, and automate lots of things!
- Position requires US citizenship and must reside in the continental United States.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.