- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
At Scale, we believe that AI will dramatically improve the world, and our mission is to accelerate the development of AI. As Head of International Expansion, you’ll be building the global footprint for our Operations team.
Our Operations team is growing rapidly around the globe to meet increasing demand for our digital labeling platform. The International Expansion team is responsible for setting our global growth strategy and driving execution of that strategy by managing our end-to-end operations in new markets – including hiring new team members, managing budgets, and ensuring day-to-day operations run smoothly.
In this role, you will drive our global expansion strategy by deciding which new countries to expand to, ensuring we have seamless operations in place in new and existing markets, and building best practices and processes for operating as a global company. You will collaborate with many teams across Scale, including Customer Operations, Supply Operations, Finance, IT, Legal, and HR.
- Own and execute on Scale’s international footprint strategy
- Lead projects with cross-functional stakeholders from all teams at Scale to evaluate and launch new markets
- Oversee day-to-day operations of standing up and running operations in new countries, including close monitoring of metrics and KPIs
- Lead a high-performing, global team of country managers
- Evaluate and communicate the progress of ongoing market expansion projects on a regular basis to key stakeholders, achieving cross-functional alignment around goals and objectives
- Provide in-depth analysis of key business drivers to measure progress towards international growth goals and develop recommendations for maximizing international performance
- Build best practices and processes for operating as a best-in-class global company
Ideally you’d have:
- 6-10+ years of experience in operations, professional services and/or consulting.
- Experience launching new markets and / or working with global teams
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Ownership mentality and intrinsic motivation to get results
- A structured, data-driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to earn trust from internal and external stakeholders and collaborate effectively
- Experience building and leading a high-performing team
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.