- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Product Engineering
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self driving cars. As one of Scale’s product operations managers, you’ll be designing and building new solutions, tools, and processes to solve new problems that arise as we grow. We are growing operations rapidly and on-boarding new customers and launching products all the time. This raises new strategic questions we need to answer as well as tactical challenges we need to overcome.
We are looking for a senior product operations manager to lead and develop best in class labeling systems for the operations team. You will be part of a team of cross functional communicators and collaborators who will shape our operations products and solutions. You are relentless in driving stellar product and process designs, running pilots, tests, and experiments, then hand over new designs to a team of skilled operators.
The blend of strategy, implementation, and design make this a unique and exciting role that will provide an opportunity to work with multiple teams (e.g., Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Analytics, and several others) across the company and around the globe.
The ideal candidate is scrappy, analytical, outcome focused, and above all a leader who gets and inspires results.
- Strategize & Lead: Problem solve some of our most pressing strategic operations challenges, and lead teams to deliver results
- Analyze & Experiment: Use quantitative experimentation to derive result-oriented actions for user acquisition, retention, experience, and performance.
- Build & Iterate: Design new processes and tools and drive their implementation across the organization within the US and globally. Collaborate with stakeholders to improve processes for new and existing customers.
- Work cross-functionally: Partner with Product teams to drive step-function changes in how we can scale operations. Build, maintain, and regularly communicate detailed reporting for other leaders across the company who will use your team’s data to inform their own operations and strategy.
Ideally you’d have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in an operational role and/or 3+ years in a top tier consulting firm.
- 1+ years of direct managing experience.
- An undergraduate from a top university in an analytics heavy major (e.g., Engineering or Economics) and/or a graduate degree from a top university in Engineering, Economics, or Business.
- Experience leading and influencing without authority.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with the desire to run through walls to deliver outcomes.
- Analytical, planning, and process building capability.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.