- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Product Engineering
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self driving cars. As one of Scale’s Product Operations managers, you’ll be designing and building new solutions, tools, and processes to solve new problems that arise as we grow. We are growing operations rapidly and on-boarding new customers and launching products all the time. This raises new strategic questions we need to answer as well as tactical challenges we need to overcome.
You will be part of a team of cross functional communicators and collaborators who will shape our operations products and solutions. You are relentless in driving stellar product and process designs, running pilots, tests, and experiments, then handing over new designs to a team of skilled operators.
The blend of strategy, implementation, and design make this a unique and exciting role that will provide an opportunity to work with multiple teams (e.g., Engineering, Operations, Analytics, and several others) across the company and around the globe.
The ideal new grad candidate is scrappy, analytical, outcome focused, and above all a leader who gets and inspires results.
- Design new processes and tools and drive their implementation across the organization within the US and globally. Example tools we’ve built in the past: benchmarks, linters, bonus pay systems, optimal data labeling pipeline efficiencies, speed audits and much more
- Use quantitative experimentation to detect spam on the platform, i.e. - adversarial users who are performing poor labeling
- Own pilots and early deals end to end for our customers, working with cross-functional teams on Engineering/GTM to help scope out customer labeling needs and executing towards successful pilot/SLA fulfillment
- Drive cost of annotation down by reducing operational complexity, i.e. - removing layers of review
- New product development on tools like ML active tooling for faster labeling utilizing ML
Ideally you’d have:
- Graduating in 2022 from a MS Program or BS program with analytics heavy major (e.g., Engineering or Economics) and/or a graduate degree from a top university in Engineering, Economics, or Business
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with the desire to run through walls to deliver and own outcomes
Nice to Have:
Had a previous internship around Product Management, Consulting, Engineering, Banking, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision or Natural Language Processing.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.