- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Product Management
Scale AI is looking for a Communications Specialist to help build scalable proactive communications programs, with tangible results, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Excellent media relations, communications strategy, and content development skills are crucial. Candidates must be strong writers and strategic thinkers, with meticulous attention to detail and deadlines. The ability to stay calm under pressure is a must, as is a deep understanding of Scale and our products. Candidates should excel at project management and problem solving while working collaboratively with executives and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, be creative, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Position located in SF Bay area or Washington, DC
- Support proactive media programs and campaigns for Scale products and initiatives
- Develop press strategies around high profile issues and product launches
- Craft engaging pitches and story ideas around Scale’s work
- Stay abreast of media developments and trends in order to create work that is both relevant and informative
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including press plans, pitches, blog posts, op-eds, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople, and staff press briefings and speaking events
- Counsel cross-functional partners in engineering, sales, marketing and other groups within the company on communications considerations around initiatives
- Collaborate with external PR agency team to execute on press initiatives
- 2+ years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Political Science, Communications or related field
- Experience working with national, policy, corporate, tech or business media, and developing campaigns to achieve communications goals
- Effective communications and decision-making skills along with project management skills
- Experience in public policy or in the technology sector
- Experience in analyst relations
- Experience working autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Have existing media and policy relationships
- Proficient in Cision and other monitoring tools
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.