- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Product Management
Scale is rapidly growing and at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries. As a member of the Scale Pilot Team, you’ll be responsible for engaging new customers, executing flawless Content and Language pilots, and having a significant, direct impact on Scale’s growth as a company.
In this role, you’ll demonstrate advisory and operational skills as you work directly with customers to meet their ML Content and Language needs. You’ll also work very closely with cross-functional teams at Scale - from Product to Engineering to Sales - to translate customer ML goals into high-quality data pipelines using a variety of our products.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of supporting Content and Language models (e.g. Natural Language Process, Speech, and Audio, Relevance, Data Collection, Cataloging, Content Moderation). You are customer-driven, analytical, empathetic, outcome-focused, and above all someone who drives and inspires results.
- Lead a variety of engagements to support Content and Language use cases with prospective customers during the pre-sales stage
- Collaborate with ML leads, data scientists, and engineers on the customer side to scope and translate customer ML goals into high-quality data annotation pipelines
- Coordinate operations with internal teams, own SLAs, and use analytics to meet customer needs
- Become a trusted advisor with customers, ranging from executives to the technical front-line, and deliver amazing experiences that make them excited to work with Scale long term
- Support Sales in closing new deals while strategically identifying ways to make success repeatable and scalable
- 3+ years of experience in consulting or technical program/product management in C&L
- A track record of structured, analytics-driven problem solving
- Ability to dive deep, learn operational/technical processes, and execute
- Insistence on the highest standards and a bias for results
- A technical background (education or professional experience with CS, Economics, Statistics, Engineering)
- A proven track record in B2B client-facing roles and ability to understand the Scale API
- Polished verbal and written communication and excellent customer engagement skills
- Ability to understand internal and external stakeholder requirements and earn their trust
- Strong intrinsic motivation to exceed personal and company goals
Nice to have:
- Experience working at API tech company and managing technical customers / product
- SQL experience
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.