- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Professional Services
The Transcription Specialist role is a part-time position for individuals who have a strong interest in pursuing product quality improvement in the AI/ML industry and learning about data labelling. A critical-thinking mindset is essential to gain intuition and comprehend the nuances of each project. We are looking for a candidate that is extremely detail-oriented and great at multi-tasking. For this role, it is critical that you are 18+, fluent in English and eligible to work in the United States.
- Read and understand complex text and documents
- Search through documents and transcribe specific fields
- Categorize various attributes of a given image, text, or other content
- Collaborate with teammates to determine correct answers
- Follow up with internal teams with regards to questions about quality
- Provide feedback to respective teams on product improvements
- Master the use of relevant software, including proprietary Scale AI tools
Ideally you’d have:
- Prior experience in data labeling, content annotation, or documents transcription work
- Investigative and creative element (i.e. you like to research and figure out ambiguous problems)
- High ethical bar and good judgment
- Proactiveness - provide useful feedback and suggest improvements, processes, and best practices
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to interpret US/Western cultural context
- Can work a flexible work schedule of 20 to 30 hours per week preferably between the hours of 9am-6pm PT
- Ability to collaborate - superior communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves:
- Ability to over-communicate when writing and speaking (e.g. in bug reports, it’s better to have more information than less)
- College degree, or currently enrolled in a college degree program
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.