- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
Scale is a vital part of bringing machine learning enabled technologies to the world, from autonomous driving to drones, robots and AV / AR. As our customer base is growing exponentially, you will be leading our pre-sales technical efforts, ensuring that the world’s most innovative companies become passionate, lifelong Scale customers.
As our Solution Engineering team continues to grow, we’re looking for a player-coach to lead by example and build out the processes, systems, and structures that will support Scale’s ambitious growth goals.
Our Solutions Engineers ensure customers’ first experiences with Scale’s technology is flawless and leads to a successful long-term partnership. Solutions Engineers partner closely with AEs to lead prospective customers through pre-sales pilots with the goal of getting to a “Product Yes” on the Scale product, providing input to Scale’s final proposal and developing a post-sales on-boarding plan.
Solutions Engineers are experts on Scale’s product and have general technical knowledge on web development and infrastructure. Solutions Engineers are strong relationship builders, great project managers and always fun to work with.
- Manage and hire a team of Solution Engineers to meet Scale’s business goals
- Partner with Scale AEs to deliver customer pilots according to requirements agreed by the customer
- Develop technical domain expertise in areas of 3D Point Clouds, 2D Image Annotation, and NLP use-cases like Document Transcription or Named Entity Recognition
- Be accountable for the customer experience during the pilot and closing phase of new logos
- Design, develop and maintain playbooks, demos and other tools for executing successful, efficient pilots
- Evangelize Scale and interact with customers at major events
- Work with AEs and PMs to identify customer specific feature requests
- Track record of success as a pre-sales engineer or similar function, wearing multiple hats along the way
- Strong engineering background preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- Prior experience developing with Python, Java and / or other web development languages
- Prior experience working with clients in a pre or post-sales capacity to realize business goals
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of technical credibility when speaking with executives and front-line engineers
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- A desire to build a new team as part of a high-growth organization
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time in a “post-COVID” environment
- Intellectual curiosity, empathy, and ability to operate with high velocity
Nice to haves:
- Experience in AI and Computer Vision
- Previous experience as a technical go-to-market resource
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.