- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
You will drive Scale’s future growth by building Strategic relationships with prospective clients and turning them into Scale evangelists. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO. You enjoy bringing your product and technical knowledge to bear when articulating our business proposition, and your analytical nature means you bias towards winning business by showing how a client’s business model benefits from partnering with Scale. You thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, enjoy collaborating with similarly driven colleagues to make the company a success, and are always looking for opportunities to add value and level up the business.
- Build the foundation for sales in a fast growing startup
- Join the founding team and learn about a variety of areas in our go-to-market
- Solely own the full sales cycle—from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution—for Strategic Accounts with deal sizes $500k to $5M+
- Partner with Customer Success teams to ensure pilots are successful and that critical feature requests are prioritized
- Partner with leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Lead and contribute to projects to develop and refine our sales process
Ideally you’d have:
- Builder mindset
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 7-10+ years experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 5+ years closing annual contracts of at least $500k/year
- Strong technical background, ideally as a solutions engineer or a technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
Nice to haves:
Prior experience at an API technology company
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.