- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
Our engineering team is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for engineering managers to help us grow responsibly from both technical and people-related standpoints. In this role, you’ll be given the opportunity to have a large amount of impact and autonomy. Ideally, you’ll be able to grow as our company grows and be afforded the opportunity to lead larger teams as we scale.
- Be responsible for growing and developing a team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact
- Set the direction of your team; anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful planning, both from a personnel and technical standpoint
- Foster a collaborative, ambitious, and outcome-driven culture that embodies our values.
- Partner with our People team to attract and engage top talent
- Use your strong technical background to discuss and guide on complex problems
- Use prior startup experience to help us grow responsibly
Nice to haves:
- Experience in crowdsourcing
- Experience at other API and ML technology companies
- Engineering or academic experience in machine learning and systems design
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.