- Mexico City
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self driving cars. As one of Scale’s engagement managers, you’ll be engaging with customers, leading pilot projects, and managing solutions, tools, and processes to ensure timely delivery of our services while maintaining the highest quality standards. We are growing operations rapidly, on-boarding new customers, and launching products all the time. This raises new strategic questions we need to answer as well as tactical challenges we need to overcome.
In this role, you will run engagements with prospective customers during the proof of concept stage. You will demonstrate both advisory and operational skills as you work directly with customers’ ML teams to meet their needs and earn their trust. You will translate customers’ ML goals into high-quality data annotation pipelines that leverage Scale’s evolving product suite. You will coordinate and collaborate with every team at Scale - from Product to Supply to Sales - to ensure flawless execution on novel and evolving customer needs. Successful projects directly contribute to signing new customers, fueling Scale’s growth.
- Lead a variety of complex engagements (within Content & Language, 2D, 3D, Document, and Nucleus) end to end with prospective customers during the pre-sales stage
- Collaborate with ML leads, data scientists, and engineers on the customer side to scope and translate customer ML goals into high-quality data annotation pipelines
- Coordinate operations with our internal teams, own SLAs, and use analytics to meet customer needs
- Become a trusted advisor with customers, ranging from executives to the technical front-line, and deliver amazing experiences that make them excited to work with Scale long term
- Support Sales in closing new deals and up-sells while strategically identifying ways to make success repeatable and scalable
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, professional services, and/or standing up new ops
- Strong intrinsic motivation to exceed personal and company goals
- Insistence on the highest standards and a bias for action and results
- Ability to dive deep, learn operational/technical processes, and execute
- A structured, data-driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to understand internal and external stakeholder requirements and earn trust
- Polished communication and customer engagement skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working at API tech company and managing technical customers / product
- SQL experience
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We’ve recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.