- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Business Development
Seniority Level: Senior Manager
- Industry: Information Technology & Services, Contract Research Organization, Computer Software, Start-up, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job functions: Account Management, Business Development, Sales
- Location: Remote, flexible
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Provider Business Development with 5-8+ years of experience in sales or another customer facing role working within the contract research or biopharma industry. An ideal candidate would have prior life sciences/startup customer facing experience in business, technology, and/or management consulting.
About you:The individual will have a proven track record building and managing executive-level client relationships in the biopharma and/or broader life sciences market and leveraging those relationships to drive commercial growth. The candidate will have demonstrated an ability to develop strategic relationships with the provider side of the Science Exchange marketplace.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a high growth startup with immense opportunity and white space. You should be highly driven and resilient in nature and excited about defining, developing, owning, and executing strategic plans that deliver on our aggressive growth expectations. You should be ambitious, entrepreneurial, technical, data-driven and comfortable thinking on your feet and working in a high-performance setting. Most importantly, you should be customer obsessed and passionate about the opportunity of using software to streamline and transform the way research outsourcing is conducted to enable breakthrough scientific discoveries.
About Science Exchange:
Science Exchange is an award-winning SaaS enabled B2B marketplace that is changing the way R&D outsourcing is conducted. Currently implemented at the majority of the top 50 global biopharma organizations, Science Exchange has paved a market leading position, saving thousands of hours for scientists and operations, and millions in cost savings for our customers across the world. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
- Cultivate, manage, and lead strategic relationships with contract research organizations (CROs) to drive commercial growthLead and manage all aspects of provider sales, recruitment, and onboarding operations as an individual contributor and thought leaderOwn an annual growth target and manage sales pipeline across the full provider customer journey including new product sales, recruitment, onboarding and account management
- Focus on continuous improvement to streamline the provider recruitment and onboarding process
- Make sure the value of Science Exchange SaaS products is clearly understood among a variety of different persona types across sales, marketing, and finance leadership
- Partner closely with Science Exchange’s Product, Design, and Implementation teams to help prioritize provider needs
- Maintaining a “customer obsessed” mindset and framework to deliver excellent customer service and satisfaction to all level of stakeholders
- Representing Science Exchange at conferences and industry networking events
- BA/BS degree required; Masters, MBA preferred
- 5-8+ years of experience in a sales or other client facing role working with contract research organizations (CROs) or biopharma companies; previous experience at a startup or management consulting is a plus
- At least 1 year of people management experiencePrevious experience working for an Enterprise Software or Healthcare IT company is a plus
- A strong understanding of biopharma operations, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market
- Go getter, resilient, and thrive in a fast-paced organization with a performance-driven culture
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to effectively communicate to external executives in a Board room setting (verbal, written, presentation)
- Skilled collaborator; able to influence and motivate cross-functional team members, even those that don’t report to you
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and organizedAdaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.