- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Design & UI
Do you get excited about working on multi-sided platform businesses with multiple stakeholders? Do you thrive working with a cross-functional team of people fueled by their passion for bringing efficiency to scientific research? Do you enjoy diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans? Do you like to take initiative and persuade teams to build the best product for end users?
Science Exchange is looking for a creative Product Designer to help guide the experience of the product. In this role you will collaborate closely with customers, product, engineering, and other parts of the Science Exchange team to translate user needs into workflows, mockups, prototypes; resulting in products that Science Exchange customers love. Reporting to our VP of Product & Design, your objective as a Product Designer is to understand user needs and goals and translate them into an intuitive and easy to use experience.
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Make data driven decisions using analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Full Story)
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototype.
- Understand and translate user needs from internal stakeholders (finance, business development, customer success, etc.) and end-users of a two-side marketplace (researchers, enterprise clients, CROs) into product features through wireframes, prototypes, and mockups.
- BA/BS in User Experience Design, HCI, CS, Design, or commensurate experience.
- 5-6 years of User Experience Design experience in an enterprise setting
- Strong user-centric approach to product design
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones.
- Experience in an Agile or Kanban software development team
- Ability to keep track of every detail in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously tracking the progress of the bigger picture
- Obsesses about staying on top of the latest trends, best practices, and design tools (Figma, Vectr, Adobe XD)
- Excellent communications skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to break down complex problems and generate elegant and simple solutions
- Experience talking to customers and understanding their needs and problems
Additional Experience / Skills
- Scientific background or a passion for science
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Salesforce, and Github
- Experience working with a two-sided marketplace or with fintech enterprise applications.
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run projects without close supervision