- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
Science Exchange is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to join our engineering team. The Senior Salesforce Developer will be involved in the full development life-cycle from technical design to development, testing, and deployment, and be responsible for translating designs and prototypes to code leveraging out of the box features and custom development. The successful candidate will need to have hands-on expert implementation/configuration/development experience with the Salesforce platform and APIs.
About engineering at Science Exchange
- “We focus on results, encourage mastery, and enjoy the benefits of being part of something big without the frustrations of corporate work culture”.
- Intriguing, right?! That’s how one of our developers described our team.
We are a recognized leader in transforming scientific research through an innovative technology platform that enables scientists to accelerate discovery. Since 2011, we have worked with universities and large research organizations to improve the quality and efficiency of scientific research while maintaining a culture that encourages peer collaboration and diverse expertise to drive our mission for relentless innovation to improve performance.
You will partner with our Product Team to create great solutions to complex problems. This work is substantially more challenging than merely pushing strings around. We already operate at scale, and we are looking for ways to build out new features, refine the existing platform, and enhance performance as we continue to support a world-class operations team.
We believe in being agile as a way to focus on delivering real business value without wasting time on things that do not support our ability to deliver those capabilities. You will be a key part of a small team that works hard every day to creatively build great software and systems.
- You should have a Salesforce developer certification such as Platform Developer II. Demonstrated equivalent experience will be considered.
- You should have an expert understanding of Apex, SOQL, Email services, as well as SOAP and REST APIs.
- You should have experience integrating Salesforce with external systems.
- You should be able to guide fellow developers in best practice Salesforce development.
- You must be a great communicator. We are largely remote across the US and Europe, so we need to be able to get on the same page about what we need to do, where the problems are, and how to collaborate to fix them. We are not looking for loners, but we are looking for highly qualified, independent professionals who can dig into hard problems on their own.
- You will be part of a great team, but you will still need to be a creative, self-starter who can bring imagination and skill to bear in delivering your own stories.
- You will guard the security and integrity of our information systems with a fierce determination to deny entry to all unauthorized and malformed requests.
- You will collaborate with our team and our partners to build great APIs into our core platform business services.
- We are looking for a special kind of developer who wants to be a member of a strong team of peers and is not just looking for another job. We want someone who is eager to learn and grow as a software developer.
Education and Experience
- We require a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience because we believe that a deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, linear algebra, operating systems theory, and database theory are essential to succeeding in this domain.
- You also need solid experience with agile development, remote collaboration via GitHub (or a similar hosted git platform), object oriented thinking, and design patterns.
- Experience with Ruby and Rails is a plus.
Science Exchange is an award-winning enterprise B2B marketplace platform that is changing the way R&D outsourcing is conducted. Currently implemented at the majority of the top 50 global biopharma organizations, Science Exchange has paved a market leading position, saving thousands of hours for scientists and operations, and millions in cost savings for our customers across the world. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. Our headquarters are in Palo Alto, California, but we are a truly global company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.