- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
We are looking for a Solution Engineer, with 5-8+ years of experience as a solution/sales engineer for aSaaS or similar technology company, to join our highly talented and rapidly growing team.
As our Solution Engineer, you will be responsible for presenting and explaining our product offerings and architecture to prospects and customers, ensuring confidence in our technology infrastructure and removing technical objections from the sales cycle. To accomplish this, you must have a strong desire to leverage your technical and sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demo the Science Exchange product offerings to address business requirements, and demonstrate business value.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a high growth startup with immense opportunity and white space. You should be highly driven and excited about defining, developing, owning, and executing our technical sales strategy to support our aggressive growth goals. You should be collaborative in nature as you will work closely with members of our Revenue team, especially our Account Managers, to help explain, sell, and deliver appropriate technical solutions. Most importantly, you should be customer-obsessed and passionate about the opportunity of using software to streamline and transform the way research outsourcing is conducted to enable breakthrough scientific discoveries.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in-one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote-first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Understanding the processes, challenges, and architectural complexity of today’s scientific services, suppliers, and R&D organizations
- Articulating and presenting the Science Exchange product offerings and technology infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with our software and security stack
- Understanding customer needs and establishing our product offerings as the best solution to addresses those needs
- Building and delivering compelling data-driven technical presentations to C-level and IT enterprise customers and implementation partners
- Storyboarding and assisting in the build/configuration of customized demos
- Assisting the Account Management team in effectively responding to any detailed technical questions in RFPs
- Participation in all appropriate product, sales, and admin training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Attainment of quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer for a SaaS and/or enterprise technology company
- Comprehensive knowledge of the software sales cycle
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team to solve technical problems in a collaborative manner
- Willingness to work in a demanding team environment, understand and be responsive to customer needs, work under tight deadlines, work independently, and to take ownership of problems
- Basic programming experience; and basic knowledge of relational database and web technology
- Salesforce credentialled
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.