- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
We are looking for a business-minded, strategic and data-driven Legal Operations Manager with 3-5 years of experience to join our rapidly growing Legal team.
As a legal operations manager, you thrive on developing contract management process improvements that make the inner workings of our legal team effective and efficient. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally to strategize, develop, and manage programs, maintain contracts in Salesforce management system and produce information, analytics and reporting relevant to our needs.
You share our belief that accuracy and compliance are the top priority when it comes to a Legal Operations role. The candidate is a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a well-funded Life Sciences SaaS startup at a unique inflection of growth and with a rapidly growing customer base. The right person will have a lot of room for career growth in this role as we expand our team and ultimately our legal needs.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in-one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote-first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
- 100% of new contract records are accurate and complete in Salesforce per standard operating procedures.
- Create and maintain contracts version control log.
- Maintain ABAC Findings Register regarding supplier due diligence.
- Responsible for contract management tasks.
- Responsible for improving the tracking of active legal tasks in Salesforce.
- Work cooperatively with Manager, Supplier Onboarding in re-qualifying suppliers on an annual basis.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures for legal.
- Assist attorneys with special projects.
- Experience with software and technology.
- Experience in innovating work flows and increasing efficiency.
- Solid project management knowledge and experience in providing transactional support.
- Experience in quantitative analyses and reporting.
- Experience conducting compliance audits.
- B.S. degree in Management.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish strong working relationships internally with stakeholders.
- Quick learner and able to work independently.
- Proactive mindset and desire to improve existing processes.
- Strong communication and social skills.
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.