- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Oct. 24, 2021
- Product Engineering
Do you get excited about working on multi-sided platform businesses with multiple stakeholders? Do you thrive working with a cross-functional team of people fueled by their passion for bringing efficiency to scientific research? Do you enjoy diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans? Do you like to take initiative and persuade teams to build the best product for end users?
Science Exchange is looking for a detail-oriented Technical Product Manager to help guide the design, development, and strategy for the Science Exchange platform. In this role you will collaborate closely with engineering, design, QA, and other parts of the Science Exchange team to translate user needs into product features. Reporting to our VP of Product & Design, your objective as a Technical Product Manager will be to understand user needs and goals, market needs, and align the feature roadmap to the business goals; you will drive product delivery from requirements definition, validation, to go-to-market delivery.
- Act as a bridge between business stakeholders and engineering.
- Research, understand, and build connectors using APIs into business applications (ERPs, CRMs, Inventory Management Tools).
- Understand and translate user needs from internal stakeholders (finance, business development, customer success, etc.) and end-users of a two-side marketplace (researchers, enterprise clients, CROs) into product features through requirements definition
- Create and validate user stories and acceptance criteria w/ stakeholders, UX, and SMEs on solution architecture
- Manage scope and competing priorities in order to make tactical decisions for delivering features and meeting milestones
- Manage and groom backlog of features through negotiation w/ business stakeholders and engineering
- Collaborate with QA to validate the completion of features and understanding the severity/impact of issues
- Communicate product releases and schedule to relevant stakeholders
- Define KPIs that enable the platform to increase bookings and revenue to measure the success of the product with respect to the business
Required Experience / Skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-5 years of product management experience in an enterprise setting
- Strong user-centric approach to product development
- Previous startup experience
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones
- Experience in an Agile or Kanban software development team
- Ability to keep track of every detail in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously tracking the progress of the bigger picture
- Proven track record of shipping projects on time
- Excellent communications skills and proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to break down complex problems and generate solutions
- Experience talking to customers and understanding their needs and problems
- Experience building on Salesforce as a platform
Additional Experience / Skills
- 3-5 years of project management/scrum master experience, or other participation on teams using Scrum, Scrumban, or Kanban
- Experience with Jira, Salesforce, and Github
- Scientific background or a passion for science
- Experience working with a two-sided marketplace or with fintech enterprise applications.
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.