- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Product Management
Seniority Level: Manager
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Content Marketing, Content Marketing Writer
Location: Remote, flexible
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager with 5+ years of experience in SaaS content marketing to join our rapidly growing Marketing team.
As a content marketer, you thrive on telling stories that will articulate our brand promise and creating compelling and relevant content that educates, resonates, and builds long-term relationships with our target audience. The ideal candidate should be a skilled marketing writer that is able to plan strategically and execute tactically to help define and execute our content strategy with the goal of driving demand and brand awareness at Science Exchange.
You share our belief that content is a fundamental component of a marketing strategy and you are highly motivated to develop and craft interesting and well-researched content that drives traffic, engages site visitors, and generates demand. You’ll work cross-functionally with teammates in Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Customer Success and Revenue, to build campaign assets that will help us meet and exceed our revenue goals.
You are a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a well-funded Life Sciences SaaS startup at a unique inflection of growth and with a rapidly growing customer base. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about storytelling and who is always thinking about how to get that story in front of the right audience.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in-one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote-first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
About The Role:
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to build and constantly refine our content marketing strategy.
- Manage our editorial calendar making sure it supports our strategy and objectives.
- Research, write, and produce content across a variety of channels and formats–blogs, articles, eBooks, infographics, videos, podcasts, social media, website, email, and more.
- Collaborate with demand gen team to deliver and repurpose content across mediums.
- Stay up to date with topics our audience is interested in and how they want to consume content.
- Identify gaps in audience engagement and proactively identify opportunities for content optimization.
- Track performance of content pieces to continually improve and understand what resonates with our audience.
- Manage your own projects independently, staying accountable to quality and deadlines.
- Implement best-in-class SEO.
- Develop editorial guidelines including for style and tone, creating enablement and training resources for stakeholders.
Specific Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS company or Life Sciences company.
- Experience writing to a diverse audience of scientists, heads of research, procurement, finance, and legal in a concise, conversational, and jargon-free way.
- Excellent writer and communicator who is passionate about educating and building relationships across the customer lifecycle.
- A customer-centric mentality, ability to understand the customer’s needs and challenges and translate them into compelling content.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at handling multiple concurrent projects, and have a relentless obsession for excellence.
- Knowledge of SEO in content writing and best practices for creating search-optimized content.
- Familiarity with basic demand gen best practices and processes.
- Strong writing skills, including grammar, style, and tone.
- Knowledge of social media, digital marketing, and demand gen strategies.
- Experience creating and governing editorial guidelines (style and tone).
- Understanding of web and content analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Salesforce Experience Cloud, Pardot.
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.