- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
- Product Management
Seniority Level: Manager
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Product Marketing, Product Marketing Writer
Location: Remote, flexible
We are looking for a messaging and writing-oriented Product Marketing Manager with 5+ years of experience to join our rapidly growing Marketing team.
As a product marketer, you thrive on developing key messaging and product-related content. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally to strategize, develop, and drive programs, content, and tactics that tell our story, show value to our target audience, and ultimately help win more deals.
You share our belief that content is a fundamental component of a marketing strategy. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about storytelling and who is always thinking about how to get that story in front of the right audience. You’ll work cross-functionally with teammates in Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Customer Success and Revenue, to build campaign assets that will help us meet and exceed our revenue goals.
You are a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a well-funded Life Sciences SaaS startup at a unique inflection of growth and with a rapidly growing customer base. The right person will have a lot of room for career growth in this role as we expand our product offerings and go-to-market strategies.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in-one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote-first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe, and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
About The Role:
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to build and maintain key product messaging documents, product videos, presentations, product datasheets, website, blogs, and other assets.
- Work closely with the demand gen team to create marketing campaigns to drive pipeline.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target market, including buyer personas, key use cases, and customer needs.
- Work closely with the sales enablement team on strategies and content such as discovery guides, personas, journey mapping, for both new hires and existing reps.
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape for Science Exchange and our key differentiators.
- Manage ongoing product release communication and promotion.
- Work closely with the product team in bringing new features and capabilities to market.
- Go-to-market planning and execution–launch planning, market research, content/collateral creation, ICP identification, use case research, sales enablement, and team training.
Specific Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a B2B SaaS company or Life Sciences company.
- Experience writing to a diverse audience in a concise, conversational, and jargon-free way.
- An excellent writer and communicator passionate about educating and building relationships across the customer lifecycle.
- A customer-centric mentality, ability to understand the customer’s needs and challenges and translate them into compelling content.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at handling multiple concurrent projects, and have a relentless obsession for excellence.
- Experience launching new products and features, driving customer and competitive research, creating messaging, writing content, running programs.
- Proven experience in working with data and insights to drive decisions.
Knowledge of social media, digital marketing, and demand gen strategies.
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.