- Palo Alto
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
Seniority Level: Director• Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job functions: Business Development, Sales, Account Management, Customer Success
- Location: Remote, flexible
We are looking for an Account Director with 5-8+ years of experience in Enterprise SaaS account management, sales, customer success and/or management consulting to join our highly talented and rapidly growing Revenue team.
The individual will have a proven track record managing and growing large Enterprise accounts in the life sciences vertical and leveraging relationships to drive contract renewals, upsells, and customer success with a land-and- expand sales process. The candidate will have demonstrated an ability to navigate, sell to, and manage relationships with a variety of senior stakeholders in R&D, procurement, finance, legal, and operations in companies ranging from small biotechs to fortune 500 biopharma. The candidate will leverage Science Exchange’s suite of SaaS products to help solution for the client’s R&D outsourcing goals, deliver measurable business value in the form of time sand cost savings, and design and deliver powerful solution-driven value propositions and business cases to expand usage of the Science Exchange platform. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is excited about the opportunity to work for a well-funded Life Sciences SaaS startup at a unique inflection of growth and with a rapidly growing customer base. You’re always acting with urgency and integrity, and excited about the opportunity to manage and grow 6-7 figure accounts. You are ambitious, energetic, comfortable thinking on your feet and enjoy working in a high-performance setting. Most importantly, you are customer focused and passionate about the opportunity for Biotech and Biopharma companies to use SaaS products to accelerate breakthrough scientific discoveries.
About Science Exchange:
The Science Exchange SaaS-enabled marketplace helps scientists accelerate their research by providing an all-in- one digital platform to source, order, manage, and pay for R&D services. Scientists get instant access to our network of 3,500+ CROs, CMOs, and academic labs that are already contracted and qualified so projects can start without the delays caused by contract negotiations and provider onboarding. We automate repetitive administrative tasks, purchasing workflows, reporting, and payment processing. Our solutions are trusted by the world’s top life sciences organizations, saving thousands of hours and millions of dollars in costs while helping to advance drug discoveries. Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We are a remote first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific. Our talented and passionate team includes developers, designers, marketers, and scientists that are charged with bringing intellectual rigor and creativity to every decision we make.
About The Role:
- Managing and owning all aspects of Science Exchange’s strategic Mid-market and Enterprise accounts within the biopharma and biotech verticals, from high level strategy to daily execution
- Maintaining and achieving revenue growth targets within assigned accounts through renewals, upsells, and through building a land and expand opportunity pipeline
- Working with key client stakeholders across R&D, Procurement, Legal and Finance on the rollout and expansion of Science Exchange’s SaaS platform across categories of research;
- Maintaining a robust account expansion opportunity pipeline within existing accounts, including qualifying, validating, and assessing growth opportunities
- Maintaining a “customer obsessed” mindset and framework to deliver excellent customer success and satisfaction to all level of stakeholders, from daily users to executive sponsors;
- Successfully positioning and communicating Science Exchange’s unique capabilities to prospects and clients, supporting and managing change management programs for the successful adoption of the software through the preparation and delivery of business cases, trainings, quarterly business reviews, and expansion program plans
- Leveraging Science Exchange data and existing customer champions to build business cases and value metrics to drive platform adoption at existing and new accounts
- Working cross-functionality with product leadership and commercial operations teams to monetize on strategic growth opportunities in existing accounts and to communicate customer needs;
- Close collaboration with internal senior leadership on execution against Science Exchange’s revenue targets and operating plan;
- Representing Science Exchange at conferences and industry networking events;
Specific Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required. Masters, MBA, or PhD is a plus;
- 5+ years of experience in Enterprise account management, Enterprise sales, customer success for a SaaS company with recurring revenue model and / or management consulting within a life sciences practice. Experience working for a technology startup is a plus;
- A basic understanding of biopharma operations, drug discovery and development, and the R&D outsourcing market;
- Experience negotiating 6-7 figure recurring revenue contracts, driving renewals, cross sells and upsells as an individual contributor
- Previous experience carrying and achieving revenue quotas within key Enterprise and fortune 500 accounts, with ability to manage internal resources on a dotted line basis
- Strong verbal and written communications skills; able to effectively communicate to executives in a Board room setting;
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to build and deliver compelling data-driven business cases, demos, and presentations to a technical, as well as operational audience at all levels of the organization;
- Strong desire to work in a high-growth, fast-paced organization with a performance-driven culture;
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities;
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and with ability to work simultaneously on multiple accounts priorities;
- Previous experience with Salesforce CRM and/or other salesforce suite of products
- Willingness to travel to customer sites depending on accounts being managed
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.