- Olathe, KS
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Scoop enables every company to confidently operate a hybrid work model (remote + in-office) while still maximizing safety, productivity, and performance. During COVID, more than 70% of the office-based workforce shifted to full-time work from home. Looking ahead to a post-COVID world, millions of organizations will undergo a major transformation to hybrid work, with 96% of all employees saying they want to work from home at least once per week. With Scoop, companies empower those employees with the flexibility to do their best work everywhere, increasing engagement and job satisfaction.
Engineering @ Scoop
Few companies get to face such diverse technical challenges as Scoop, and we’ve built an experienced, multi-faceted team that is excited to be building the technology that will power the next generation of work.
Our engineering team doesn’t just move bits and pixels! We play an integral role in Scoop’s goal of empowering companies to embrace a hybrid world. We embrace the idea that engineering is not a lone discipline, partnering closely with the Product and UX teams to understand our customer and user needs. Our collaboration enables us to shape the products we build and make effective decisions around trade-offs along the way.
We’re just as passionate about helping our teammates grow and learn as we are about shipping great products and technology. You will be quick to find a team member that is willing to partner code, review, and plan your work together. Our team and processes are built around helping each individual to learn, deliver value, and be successful. We’d love to tell you more about the impact you could have at Scoop!
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to Scoop’s web products to help improve the hybrid work experience for our customers and their employees
- Plan and architect modularized and scalable web applications across the development lifecycle (e.g. Planning, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, and Maintenance)
- Collaborate on building and maintaining a robust set of well-structured, reusable components, and layouts to span our frontend systems.
- Be an integral part of establishing the vision & roadmap for the frontend team at Scoop
- Be passionate about designing and writing high quality, well-tested code
- Have working knowledge of querying RESTful APIs and familiarity with foundational REST principles
- Be knowledgeable about modern browser technologies and their idiosyncrasies
- Be comfortable managing projects from concept to completion
- Be excited by and effective at collaborating and communicating with different stakeholders
- Have significant overall experience as a high-performing software developer
Important note: as long as you have the experience/abilities, we don’t care how you got there! This may look like 6+ years in industry, a computer science or other relevant advanced degree, impressive personal projects/accomplishments, or any other meaningful experience!
- Have hands-on experience with ESnext, React, Angular or related JS framework/library
- Be familiar with creating Accessible web experiences (e.g. you consider Accessibility at the forefront)
- Have curiosity and desire for continuous improvement both personally and engineering wide
- Get extra excited about building and shipping innovative new products
Life @ Scoop
At Scoop, we are taking on the ambitious challenge of building the tools, data, and insights that will enable any organization to successfully enable a hybrid workforce. We believe employees everywhere should be able to operate with flexibility and freedom - at home and at the workplace. We feel rewarded when we help give people the opportunity to do their best work and we embody that same spirit within our own culture. “Bet on ourselves and our team” is enshrined in our values and we work hard to ensure every team member’s time at Scoop is the most meaningful experience of their career.
Scoop’s atmosphere is dynamic and unique. It’s influenced by our backgrounds at successful startups, big tech companies, and premier consulting firms - blended and crafted into what feels natural and right for this company. We balance being both nimble and strategic by ensuring that we think quickly, create frameworks to assist in decision making, and adjust our roadmap when new information arises. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re extremely proud of and excited to share (we’ve even won awards for best leadership, culture, diversity, compensation, and benefits along the way!)
Scoop was started in 2015 with a focus on improving the daily commute for employers and their employees. We built Scoop into the largest carpooling platform in the country, believing deeply in what it meant to bring meaning and empowerment to the daily lives of employees. We developed tremendous expertise along the way in solving challenges at the intersection of employer and employee.
Now, as we look ahead to 2021, we know COVID has transformed the world - and the commute - and it’s clear that hybrid work is the future. With an incredibly talented team of ~32 people, several years of runway, and tremendous expertise in building solutions for HR teams and their organizations, we’re excited to expand our focus and lead the transition to the hybrid workforce.