- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Join the team shaking up the legal world!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, tech-minded and accountancy / finance graduate to join our growing team.
You’ll be working in the R&D Tax Credits area of our Customer Support team. Around 60,000 R&D claims are submitted in the UK every year, and this number is expected to grow even more in the coming years. SeedLegals is supporting UK startups to process their R&D claims faster, and we are looking for someone to join our team.
In the role, you’ll guide companies on their R&D eligibility, answer their daily queries (via Intercom, email and Zoom), help them build robust R&D tax credit claims, including assisting in writing their Technical Narratives, reviewing their accounts and working closely with our R&D team and accountants.
You’ll need to support other team members with technical questions about R&D.
For this role you should be able demonstrate knowledge in some of the following areas:
- R&D Tax Credits
- Financial statements
- Financial planning and tax incentives for founders and early stage employees
- Building and growing early stage startups
- Technical skills, such as knowledge in coding
- Knowledge in bookkeeping software e.g. Xero, Quickbooks is a plus
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Helping our wonderful customers do everything they need to complete their R&D claim, all completed via our platform.
- Assisting users via intercom (chat), email and video calls.
- Working with the R&D team to build and streamline the internal support process.
- Helping research in Tax legislation related to R&D.
- Collaborating with our amazing team of developers, growth hackers, founders, investors and lawyers to further develop the SeedLegals platform and change the world.
- For the role you will you will need;
- Knowledge in R&D tax.
- Some experience writing Technical Narrative for R&D tax credits (6 months - 2 years most likely) and looking to join a high growth startup.
- A good understanding of eligible expenditure for R&D tax credits
- Have a genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and are excited by the opportunity to interact with startup founders every day.
- Motivated by the opportunity to deliver an awesome experience to SeedLegals users.
- Phenomenal communication skills.
- Great eye for details.
- Outstanding time management skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical / numerical skills
You’ll be joining an amazing team of founders, investors, developers and growth hackers. We’re currently based just off Lincoln’s Inn Fields (the legal heart of London).
- You’ll get responsibility (and plenty of it!). This isn’t a training-contract paperwork-only role, you will be client facing, with plenty of responsibility right from the get-go.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- Access to world class training from some of the most experienced individuals in the UK in startup law, investment, and entrepreneurship.
- Learning, development and networking opportunities.
- Great offices with free fruit and coffee, overlooking the gorgeous gardens at Lincolns Inn Fields.
- Contributory pension.
- We’re looking to hire for this role as soon as we find the right match, so if that sounds like you – get in touch