- Yerevan, AM
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
ServiceTitan strives to be the best place our Titans have ever worked, so they can do the best work they’ve ever done. The Experience Design (XD) team is central to this mission. We solve real world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product designers works closely with product managers, engineers, product marketers and with thousands of our users to help make their lives easier through technology. We embrace agile development and design thinking to ship dozens of new features every month. We measure our success based on our customer’s success. We strive for real impact.
We are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer that enjoys solving complex problems with data-driven solutions. This person will be a core member of our growing design team and aid in creating a class-leading SaaS product with desktop, tablet and mobile touch points.
Reporting to the Product Design Manager, the Lead Product Designer possesses a balanced toolkit of research, interface design, and prototyping capabilities. As a Lead, Product Design you are capable of performing discovery research with users, creating journey maps and task flows, performing user interviews, white-boarding task flows, mocking up interface screens, and prototyping those solutions for further testing. You set a strong example and provide thoughtful direction within the team, often acting as a mentor and coach. You’re known around the company for your creativity, leadership, and innovation.
This is an opportunity to join one of LA’s fastest growing startups and have your thumbprint on the product that is actively disrupting the Home Services industry.
What You’ll Do
- Build positive & collaborative relationships with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, and research to explore, build, and ship your work
- Develop deep expertise across multiple product’s problem areas
- Quickly prototype solutions to visual and interaction problems
- Talk to users and understanding their problems and current pain-points
- Design experiences that are simple, elegant, and solve real problems
- Using remote tools to whiteboard, create wireframes and design in Figma to iterate toward a shippable solution
- Validate product ideas through experimental design and research approaches.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed
- Help more junior designers develop empathy for our users and advocate for our users’ needs
- Represent our users in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Be an active mentor for designers, helping them build context, strong decision making skills, and empathy for our users by providing feedback to help strengthen the team
What You’ll Need
- Experience designing a modern SaaS or enterprise platform or one comparable
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a range of UX, interaction and visual design, and idea generation or prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- A love for solving complex product problems with simple design solutions
- Expert knowledge and experience with driving and applying the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, user stories, journey mapping, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- A passion for solving core product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience, such as strategy and research, information architecture, and interaction design
- Experience collaborating with other designers to build a cohesive product
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- (Bonus) An understanding of the marketing domain and how marketers utilize modern tools to generate leads and acquire customers.
- (Bonus) Experience designing for consumers and crafting mobile-first experiences.
Be Human With Us
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.