- St. Louis
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Engineering QA
- Business Applications
We’re Aspire, a ServiceTitan company
We’re Aspire, the leading SaaS provider for commercial landscaping, snow and ice removal, and janitorial businesses. Recently acquired by ServiceTitan, the world’s leading provider of software for the trades, our cloud-based business management system enables contractors to grow their business, streamline operations, provide insights, and ultimately impress their customers. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in St. Louis, with an award-winning culture that’s been celebrated by the St. Louis Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. Trusted by over 50,000 users across thousands of locations, our software helps clients manage upwards of $4B in revenue. Our new partnership with ServiceTitan will enable us to continue scaling our platform and customer base while maintaining our collaborative, tight-knit culture right here in the heart of St. Louis.
Ready to make your career move?
The Director of Software Quality will be responsible for all aspects of quality throughout the software product development cycle. This involves evaluating, testing, validating software and continual development and implementation of rigorous testing methods and procedures to evaluate the quality of the software. Follows industry best practices to build and automate QA processes including integration of the Software Engineer in Test role into the quality process. Provides oversight and technical guidance to the development team in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all applications. They play a critical role in timely deliverables of quality products. They must work closely with the entire product team to ensure full knowledge of the software design and that testing covers all aspects of the functionality. The role will provide feedback on quality to the product team to spur changes in the software development process, to the customer support team to ensure they are aware of any bugs or issues clients may have that are being addressed.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for managing and executing end-to-end testing for the product and be accountable for test deliverables and provide QA leadership and technical expertise to the team.
- Experienced in working with various QA tools and frameworks to develop and execute overall software test strategy for product release.
- Experience integrating the SEiT (Software Engineer in Test) role into quality and development processes.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, product, support, and infrastructure to deliver product.
- Design and implement frameworks for automated testing of multiple applications and ensuring that the team adhere to the principles, guidelines, and best practices as defined.
- Monitoring of all the quality activities, test results, escaped defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement.
- Manage process implementation and continuous improvement of software test automation to reduce operational costs through service optimizations and demand-based auto-testing.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for quality as per industry standards applicable for the organization.
- Gather and present testing metrics and quality activities for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Closely work with various product teams to understand requirements and other performance SLAs.
- Pair with technical and functional teams to maintain continuity of integration environments that support high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- Ensure the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the quality effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, staging and production instances.
- Participate in interviews, onboarding, training, and performance evaluation of quality resources
- Mentor and train quality resources.
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience as a Director of Software Quality
- 5+ years in a supervisory or managerial position and 10+ years of IT experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of methodologies of quality assurance and standards
- Proven experience and full command of quality procedures and methods, and Agile
- Excellent organizational, leadership abilities, and understanding of data analysis/statistical methods
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle. Experience with version management and ticketing systems such as git and Jira
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Experience testing and debugging in multiple browsers/operating systems.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.