- Glendale, CA
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Business Applications
Ready to be a Titan?
ServiceTitan is seeking an ambitious, motivated Assistant Controller to join our Finance Organization in one of the fastest-growing tech pre-IPO startups in Southern California, backed by the best VC firms in the SaaS space. The Assistant Controller will have a critical and highly visible role in managing day-to-day financial operations for the company. The Assistant Controller will also be key in leading and building the operating accounting team. This role will routinely partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the execution of the recurring financial month-end close process including approving month-end journal entries, consolidations, reconciliations, flux, reporting, and ensuring completion in an accurate and timely manner;
- Provide oversight and review of payroll, GL, accounts payable, corporate credit card program, and employee expense processing
- Coordinate closely with controllership and FP&A teams to resolve various accounting and reporting matters;
- Assist in assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes;
- Partner with the Corporate Controller to complete the new ERP system implementation (Workday Financial) and other financial applications;
- Serve as a key liaison with external and internal auditors, including oversight of quarterly reviews and interim and annual SOX and financial statement audits.
- Participate in SOX 404 efforts, including documentation of processes and facilitating testing of controls, as necessary;
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed
- What You’ll Bring:
- Active CPA with 10+ years of accounting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in leading a successful IPO filing or in pre-IPO stage companies in similar roles
- Financial reporting experience in the SaaS industry is a plus
- Experience with ERP Systems (Workday Financial) and efficiency/automation solutions (RPA, reconciliation tools, close management solutions, etc.)
- A confident self-starter, ready to jump in and work cross-company to suggest process improvements
- Financial analysis skills and deep understanding of accounting concepts in the US GAAP
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting financial reporting policies and procedures
- Strong project management skills, ability to work independently and multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Excited to help a company reach the next level!
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.