- Glendale, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
Ready to be a Titan?
ServiceTitan is seeking a Sr. Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic late stage startup in Glendale, CA. Our ideal candidate will be a passionate, hard-working payroll professional with proven technical skills, strong payroll & Workday experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Process full payroll cycle (e.g., day to day operations, regular bi-weekly, off-cycle payroll process for multi-states US & Canada Payroll, etc.)
- Prepare payroll validation & reconciliation
- Payroll close and Month over Month data analysis
- Review & process timekeeping records
- Prepare custom reports following each pay period
- Prepare all termination and manual checks
- Manage garnishment(s) procedures
- Partner with HR for people data, compliance updates and reporting
- Other various duties which assist the accounting/finance group can also be assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Have 5+ years of payroll experience
- Proficient with Workday including report generations, Excel and Google Docs
- Have worked with a payroll size of 1000+ employees
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment and work independently and efficiently under pressure and meet the deadline
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented, strong focus on data accuracy, high sense of urgency, and a strong work ethic
- Strong customer orientation with excellent verbal and written communication skills to partner and build collaborative working relationships
- Familiar with the Payroll Accounting process
- Perform analysis of Payroll issues
- A minimum of 3+ years of end to end Workday experience, most recently in a Senior Payroll, SME level, preferably with a large payroll greater than 750 employees US and international.
- Knowledge of the payroll function including, but not limited to, payroll interface, section 125, payroll processing, tax compliance, time and attendance, and accounting general ledger
- Effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources
- Take ownership for resolving issues that arise and use the experience as an opportunity for the collective team
- Workday HCM / Payroll
- Workday Payroll, Absence and/or Time Tracking experience
- Multi state tax knowledge
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise best practice
- Think analytically and can effectively apply logic to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and can clearly articulate complex messages and requirements.
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
- 1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
- 2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
- 3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
- 4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there’s always room for more.