- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
Play a pivotal role as our Data Platform expert! As a Staff Data Pipeline Engineer, you will be part of the engineering team at ServiceTitan to help improve our products and build new ones. This is an exciting role for an engineer to come in and lead the major feature development in the rapidly growing startup. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. If you share the same values, you might find yourself in a perfect company.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, Define solution design for data ingestion and data delivery. Understand a broad range of design approaches.
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to engineers within your team and others
- Help your team to improve the technical quality of their work through regular technical design and code reviews
- Share your technical knowledge and expertise through regular tech talks and/or blog posts
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers, customers, partners, and other leaders
- 60% development / 40% working on requirements and design.
- Design APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers
- Build data streaming solutions, such as Kafka, Azure Event/IOT Hub, SNS/SQS, Kinesis, and in particular Snowflake
- Build data pipelines, such as Azure Data Factory, Kafka Connect, Flink, Spark, Pig
- Utilize infrastructure automation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Utilize Source Control, Unit testing, Debugging, Monitoring and Alerting and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack.
- Fluently design infrastructure using Cloud Store and Database ( e.g. Azure Data Lake, S3, Azure Synapse,, Redshift, Vertica)
What You’ll Bring:
- B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering or related technical fields of study
- Equivalent of 5+ years of experience in a senior engineering role(s)
- Equivalent of 6-8+ years of industry experience
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and Restful APIs.
- Strong cross collaboration skills: Technical writing and Communication
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.