- Glendale, CA
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re building a software solution to transform the trades, a trillion-dollar global market that’s been underserved by technology for far too long. Founded by first generation immigrants and backed by top investors, we offer end-to-end software that empowers over 7,500 small-to-medium sized businesses to raise both their bottom and top line by optimizing every aspect of their workflows. Recognized by Forbes as one of the top cloud companies, we’re pairing our deep industry knowledge with technical expertise to change the lives of everyday people who care for our homes and communities. While our vision is bold, we always stay humble. Join us. We’re just getting started.
Ready to be a Titan?
The Tableau Administrator will be part of the Business Intelligence team and be responsible to manage Enterprise-wide Tableau environments and ensure optimal performance levels of systems. This role is responsible to perform admin functions related to data sources and extracts, schedules, tasks, and subscriptions, upgrades, monitoring server status, command line utilities. This role will also work closely with the business teams to drive strategic programs and functional requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage end-to-end Tableau Platform & Infrastructure requests with minimal direction from Functional Managers.
- Maintains and updates existing Tableau servers, test client applications to determine compatibility with upgrades, and work with internal customers to resolve any issues.
- Servers as primary technical point of contact on Tableau server engagements of moderate to high complexity including service tickets requiring analysis.
- Participates in capacity planning and performance testing to ensure tableau environments are adequately sized and configured to meet current and projected demand.
- Follow administration guidelines for server upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning and security and administration of the application.
- Manage the users, groups, licenses, and integration, taking care of authorization and permissions.
- Develop a set of Tableau development best practices and share across user groups.
- Stay ahead of new Tableau capabilities and deliver internal Tableau training as needed to internal functional user groups.
- Perform trend analysis of system logs, audits, management data, etc. to identify performance issues and drive improvements to ensure optimal performance
- Collaborating with development teams to define and implement appropriate development and production promotion (publishing) processes reflecting strong change management practices
- Respond to production incidents and user requests (ServiceDesk/Slack related functions) related to Tableau operations
- Promote/Publish Tableau applications to production as requested by developers.
- Administer user accesses to Tableau applications (workbooks) and capabilities as requested and approved
- Document/Resolve requests using ServiceDesk.
- Assisting developing dashboards and data sources as needed by the BI Team
What You’ll Bring:
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of IT experience, OR in lieu of Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and 8+ years of experience in data management.
Minimum 4 years of experience as Tableau Administrator supporting production environment
Knowledge of Data Modeling Concepts
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud environment preferred
- Basic SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, Linux shell and Windows scripting skill
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
Excellent interpersonal/team skills
Good oral & written communication skills
Well organized and detail oriented
- Experience gathering and translating end user requirements into end user reports
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.