- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
At ServiceTitan we are on a mission to be the Operating System of the Trades. ServiceTitan is looking for a Commercial Counsel to help enable the company to grow rapidly and lean into risk. This position will report to the company’s Associate General Counsel, and be part of a growing Global Legal Team.
The Commercial Counsel will work closely with our Legal Team, commercial executives, and various department leaders on general corporate law and contractual matters. While our headquarters are in Glendale, CA, we are open to candidates who are remote.
What you’ll do:
- Provide legal counsel related to deal structure, contract drafting and negotiation, risk assessment and management, statutory and regulatory domestic and global issues
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements relating to sales and marketing, M&A, SaaS, intellectual property (IP), patent law, employment law, vendor agreements, B2B integration, professional services, application development, security and privacy policies, and data protection
- Work closely with the sales, professional services, revenue operations, sales operations, people operations, growth, talent, strategic partnerships and finance teams
- Collaborate with the Associate General Counsel and business leaders on improving contract management, workflows, processes, templates and best practices to adapt to our rapidly growing business
- Drive continuous improvement, scalability and operational excellence in deal processes and execution
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring:
- 3-5 years of experience at top tier law firm and/or in-house at a technology company
- Minimum of 2 years at top tier law firm preferred
- Experience in negotiating and drafting a breadth of general corporate agreements
- Excellent legal and business judgement
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams and advising executives
- Strong project management experience with a proven track record of delivering extraordinary results on time
- Technology industry experience, with SaaS experience, preferred
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), current member in good standing with the California bar
- Experience implementing/utilizing contract lifecycle management systems is a plus
- To be a proactive, driven, adaptable person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and balance multiple projects, path-find, and recalibrate advice in view of shifting priorities, legal developments, and risk tolerance
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.