- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
At ServiceTitan, we are on a mission to be the Operating System of the Trades. ServiceTitan is looking for a highly motivated attorney to serve as Deputy General Counsel. This position will work closely with our General Counsel, Executives and various department leaders on all product, data privacy, intellectual property and regulatory matters. The role will report directly to the General Counsel. This is a unique opportunity to lead a global team of experienced professionals, and work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.Ready to be a Titan?
At ServiceTitan, we are on a mission to be the Operating System of the Trades. ServiceTitan is looking for a highly motivated attorney to serve as Deputy General Counsel. This position will work closely with our General Counsel, Executives and various department leaders on all product, data privacy, intellectual property and regulatory matters. The role will report directly to the General Counsel. This is a unique opportunity to lead a global team of experienced professionals, and work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for legal issues through the product life cycle including intellectual property, data privacy, marketing, competition and regulatory matters
- Provide practical, strategic advice to the growth, engineering, product management, product marketing, data science, information security, marketing and support teams
- Partner with business leaders to drive legal strategy around the development and release of products and features
- Oversee the development and management of the intellectual property portfolio including patents, trademarks and copyrights
- Support sales cycle, including developing and managing options for company agreements to address new products and features and advising on product, data privacy, security, intellectual property or other technology terms in such agreements
- Prepare and negotiate agreements covering technology, data, integration, open source software and other commercial and strategic arrangements
- Review, draft and advise on advertising and marketing materials, including press releases, packaging, product launch collateral, marketing, promotional and other related items
- Help ensure that ServiceTitan products and services comply with applicable laws and regulations including intellectual property, privacy, security, trade compliance and other applicable laws
- Create and deliver training to help educate internal business partners on matters relevant to product development and the protection ServiceTitan technology
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience at a top tier law firm and in-house legal department
- Broad in-house SaaS product, technology, data privacy and intellectual property experience
- J.D. (or foreign equivalent) with membership in California State Bar is preferred; must have U.S. state bar membership in the State where the person is practicing law
- Technical background is preferred
- You have knowledge of intellectual property, global privacy laws (including CCPA, GDPR, ePD, LGPD, etc.), privacy regulations, industry guidelines and data security standards as well as the way cloud-based, multi-tenant software works
- You’re able to draft documents, policies, emails, and anything else in a precise and digestible manner
- You’re flexible, resourceful, and solution-oriented. You are excited to help a growing company define its legal identity, to build process and repeatability where there is none. You’re both comfortable saying you don’t have the answer, and confident that you can then go find it.
- You possess organizational and project management skills, and are able to execute, prioritize, and stay focused in an environment that is expanding and evolving
- Proven track record of providing thoughtful, outside-the-box legal and strategic guidance to an executive team
- Experience successfully working in a highly collaborative manner across a variety of business functions and geographies
- Proven attention to detail with organizational skills
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.