- St. Louis
- Date Posted
- Oct. 11, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re Aspire, a ServiceTitan company
We’re Aspire, the leading SaaS provider for commercial landscaping, snow and ice removal, and janitorial businesses. Recently acquired by ServiceTitan, the world’s leading provider of software for the trades, our cloud-based business management system enables contractors to grow their business, streamline operations, provide insights, and ultimately impress their customers. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in St. Louis, with an award-winning culture that’s been celebrated by the St. Louis Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. Trusted by over 50,000 users across thousands of locations, our software helps clients manage upwards of $4B in revenue. Our new partnership with ServiceTitan will enable us to continue scaling our platform and customer base while maintaining our collaborative, tight-knit culture right here in the heart of St. Louis.
Ready to make your career move?
The Director of Software Engineering will build, grow, and lead engineers across multiple agile teams who is deeply committed to delivering value to our clients. In an agile structure, you will build and evolve consistent Agile practices and influence the vision, strategic decisions, solutions, and priorities. You will support the team to reinforce agile behaviors, practices, and principles into the day-to-day work. You will ensure alignment on the “what” and “when” work is to be performed through ongoing planning and output from the prioritized product backlog. You will also be an instrumental contributor to cross-functional and cross-enterprise strategic planning and execution, helping to drive innovation and delivering value for the organization.
We are looking for you to bring your operational leadership, technical expertise, and proven people development skills to bear on strategic decisions about our technical ecosystem, product roadmap, and product culture.
What you’ll do:
- Use strong organizational leadership skills, self-motivation, and growth-oriented mindset to lead, motivate, and inspire multiple teams of engineers to deliver high-quality software and be held accountable for their performance as agile teams
- Work closely with Product, Design and leadership on strategic planning, product development and execution
- Recruit, retain, and develop great engineers who form cohesive teams capable of learning and growing
- Experience managing architecture of enterprise applications in rapid growth environments
- Manage and coach multi-disciplinary teams of developers, quality analysts, and technical leads through challenges and career growth
- Ensure your team’s success by removing roadblocks, addressing conflicts, and operating as its champion
- Collaborate with peers to creatively solve problems and drive department-wide objectives
- Promote and instill essential software engineering practices in your team
- Track, produce, analyze, and action upon key metrics & milestones to ensure quality products are delivered on time
- Communicate and collaborate with clients, partners, and vendors on technical details
- Establish and maintain a world class engineering culture dedicated to craft, quality and impact
What you’ll bring:
- 8+ years managing engineering teams
- 5+ years working in Agile-oriented organizations
- 10+ years software engineering experience developing web and services-based applications, with a preference for enterprise SaaS
- Experienced working with remote teams
- Highly technical with expertise in infrastructure, architecture, mobile development and DevOps
- Experience with Cloud deployed software (Azure is preferred)
- Experience with Angular, C# and .NET Microsoft technologies
- Experience leading and/or developing SaaS systems and applications at scale
- You stay familiar with emerging technologies and best practices such as DevOps, and Data Science
- Operate with empathy and strive to cultivate a work environment that is both supportive and challenging
- Passionate about helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Strong verbal and written communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
Where you’ll work:
Our headquarters is located in St. Louis, however, we’ll be remote until the time is right to return to the office. When that happens, St. Louis-based employees will be moving to a hybrid work model (three days in office with the option to work remotely for the remaining two). Fully remote employees will be able to stay remote.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.