- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, its wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is a Frontend Engineer important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our technology team. Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical skills to design and build complex projects despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary. The candidate should also have a wide breadth of knowledge in frontend technologies (i.e. frameworks, accessibility, build tools, etc.) that enable them to design and develop secure, scalable, and maintainable applications as well as debug those systems effectively without flailing. Lastly, they must understand the business that their code supports and work to identify risks (in code, features, and design) and communicate them to the appropriate parties. So, if you’re up for the challenge of helping us transform the 3D printing industry, then this role is for you!
As a Frontend Engineer you will:
- Design and develop user interfaces to support our Product team
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specifications
- Collaborate with other engineers to refine our best practices and processes
- Be comfortable working with, and helping to modernize, a legacy codebase
- Participate in code reviews and write automated tests
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 (SASS)
- Working knowledge of a JS framework like VueJS, React, Ember, etc.
- Experience working with UI Libraries such as Bootstrap
- Ability to create reusable frontend components and modules
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines
- Good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks like Symfony and Laraval
- Prior experience working with REST/SOAP APIs
- Knowledge optimizing frontend assets for production performance
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy-up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Match - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)