- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY and the Netherlands, and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is the VP/Director, Finance important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a VP/Director, Finance who will work closely with the CFO and other leaders across the organization to support planning, financial reporting, and financial analysis for Shapeways. The ideal person will be resourceful, hyper-analytical with keen attention to detail, a strategic thinker who can roll up their sleeves and get it done. This key position will play a critical role in our growth, our successful transition from private to public, and our achievement of operational excellence. This role reports directly to the CFO.
As the VP/Director, Finance you will be responsible for:
- Managing the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and scenario planning.
- Structuring, building, and maintaining complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
- Producing rich insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy.
- Supporting decision making and making recommendations to management to drive business growth
- Serving as an effective business partner with other teams across the organization
- Providing regular and ad hoc reporting and analysis in support of C Suite to help drive business results
- Identifying and driving cross-functional initiatives to improve processes, systems, and automation to help the business scale
- Preparing presentations for Board and Senior Management
- Managing a Business Intelligence Analyst and building out a high-performance finance team
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 10+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis role; ideally in private and public companies
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (MBA a plus)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to articulate findings and translate them into actionable solutions and processes
- Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint user with the ability to manage/format large files, produce ad hoc reports/templates, troubleshoot errors, and perform data analysis
- An ability to function both independently and in a team environment and communicate effectively with key stakeholders; including upper management and C-level executives
- An attitude to challenge the status quo, managing with a sense of urgency and with a desire to consistently raise the bar
- An understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)