- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
As a part-time 3D Printing Technician together with your team, you will be tasked with executing the complete 3D printing manufacturing process from start to end, seeing a virtual model getting created into its final physical customer-ready product. In executing and operating the processes and equipment you will become intimately familiar with the entire manufacturing process. As a true team player, you will not only be expected to run your part of production but also to help your team with operations, process and product improvements. In short, together with your team, you will work in a fast and ever-changing environment making sure that every customer order is printed in time to perfection and provide critical feedback to improve product quality and production efficiency.
This is a part-time role with a schedule of Friday-Sunday.
- Perform finishing processes (polishing, dyeing, air sandblasting etc.)
- Clean and sort 3D printed parts
- Operate media and air blasting blasting equipment
- Helping with factory upkeep and cleaning to ensure products are created in a safe and efficient environment
- Ensure understanding of all safety, quality, and operational procedures, in order to utilize tools, equipment, electronic/computer systems in 3D printing post-production
- Ensure proper PPE ( Personal Protective Equipment) is used as directed by signage
- Ensure understanding of Quality Control requirements for color, part strength, etc.
- Manage, stock and prepare the resources and materials used in post-production
- Vocational diploma or equivalent experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Have a minimum of 1-3 years of packing or assembly manufacturing experience
- Have equipment operator experience in a manufacturing environment
- Are able to work independently
- Are a constructive team player with good social & communication skills
- Feel comfortable taking ownership of timely execution of own and team’s daily objectives
- Are a hands-on problem solver
- Available to work Friday-Sunday
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in Eindhoven. Best culture out there!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch- Fully stocked fridge, fancy coffee, free lunch and snacks.