- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is a Manufacturing Technician important to us?
As a Manufacturing Technician together with your team, you set up, adjust, and operate machinery in support of the production process. You will be tasked with executing the complete 3D printing manufacturing process from start to end, seeing a virtual model getting created into its final physical customer ready product. In executing and operating the processes and equipment you will become intimately familiar with the entire manufacturing process. As a true teamplayer you will not only be expected to run your part of production, but also to help your team with operations, process, and product improvements. In short, together with your team, you will work in a fast and ever-changing environment making sure that every customer order is printed in time to perfection and provide critical feedback to improve product quality and production efficiency.
As a Manufacturing Technician you will:
- Perform finishing processes (polishing, dyeing, air/glass blasting etc.)
- Clean and sort 3D printed parts
- Operate media and airblasting blasting equipment
- Helping with factory upkeep and cleaning to ensure products are created in a safe and efficient environment
- Review blueprints, schematics, or other drawings/documentation to determine appropriate machine set up
- Ensure understanding of Quality Control requirements for color, part strength, etc.
- Clean the workspace or perform routine maintenance after each production run
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Preferably accreditation from a technical school or an applicable skilled trades program.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Assertive team player with good social & communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to lift/move heavy objects
- Manual dexterity
- Feel comfortable taking ownership of timely execution of own and team’s daily objectives
- Always want to improve processes, but are also happy doing functional, day-to-day tasks
- Able to work at least one day during the weekend
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in Eindhoven. Best culture out there!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch- Fully stocked fridge, fancy coffee, free lunch and snacks.