- Date Posted
- Jan. 10, 2022
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is a Distribution Center Specialist important to us?
As a distribution specialist you will be the one making sure orders reach our customers with quality and on time, every time. In this role, you will closely work together with our manufacturing teams to timely handle the inbound, quality and outbound process of our unique products. As a true teamplayer you will not only be expected to run your part of the process, but also to help your team with operations, process and product improvements. Furthermore, you will take part in improvement projects from 5S to flow optimization to transform our facility into the global hub for Personal Production.
As a Distribution Center Specialist you will:
- Accurately checking in products from external and internal sources in our system
- Perform quality assurance on all printed items
- Pack and ship unique, individual, and customized orders
- Liaise with internal teams, in multiple locations, to ensure quick turnaround of issues
- Be proactive in meeting the operational KPIs: Quality, Lead-Time, and Cost
- Replenish raw materials (boxes, bubble wrap, etc) as needed
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Experience in professional logistic/warehouse environments
- Are practical, hands-on and take great pride in your work
- You have a high attention to detail, focus and a can-do attitude
- Are a constructive team player with good social and communication skills
- Feel comfortable taking ownership of timely execution of own and team’s daily objectives
- Always want to improve processes, but are also happy doing functional, day-to-day tasks.
- Able to work at least one day during the weekend
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stand/walk for up to 9 hours, willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in Eindhoven. Best culture out there!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch- Fully stocked fridge, fancy coffee, free lunch and snacks.