- New York
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is a Process Technician important to us?
As a Process Technician together with your team, you will be tasked with executing the complete 3D printing manufacturing process from start to end, seeing a virtual model getting created into its final physical product. In executing and operating all the processes and equipment you will become intimately familiar with the entire manufacturing process, enabling you to 1) make sound judgments and provide critical feedback on whether models can be made given varied material parameters; 2) relentlessly improve the manufacturing processes and eliminate waste to improve customer value. As a true team player, you will not only be expected to run your part of production but also help your team with operations, process, and product improvements. In short, together with your team, you will work in a fast and ever-changing environment making sure that every customer order is printed in time to perfection and provide critical feedback to improve product quality and production efficiency.
- This is a full time role and will require you to work Tuesday - Saturday, from 9am-5pm EST.
- We have strict COVID precautions in place that meet or exceed all Federal, State, and CDC recommendations
In this role, you will:
- Liaise with Supply Chain for optimal volume allocation guarding customer lead-times and costs
- Assess the feasibility of printing customer models given varied material parameters
- Plan 3D printers for maximum utilization and efficiency
- Manage, stock and prepare the 3D print material
- Together with the team own and ensure timely post-production and shipping of customer models
- Conduct quality control processes on product and equipment
- Provide input and drive improvements and automation to enable scaling of the service
- Operate and maintain our 3D printers with a focus on printer uptime, with a goal to reduce equipment failure, identify root causes, create preventative maintenance best practices and improvements to equipment
- Provide operational support to other departments when required.
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- Vocational education or a Bachelor in an applicable field (e.g. technical or operations)
- 3D/Design software experience (Prefered)
- 1-3 years work experience in 3D printing environment (Prefered)
- Understands KPI-driven performance and how to prioritize based on the demands of on-time delivery
- Feel comfortable taking ownership of timely execution of own and team’s daily objectives
- Are a constructive team player with good social & communication skills
- Mechanical-minded and able to understand the mechanics of an industrial 3D printer
- Spots and feels comfortable to work on cross-functional issues and opportunities that impact the entire supply and production chain including the distribution center.
- Are a hands-on problem solver and have an entrepreneurial mindset
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Paid Time Off - 14 PTO days accrued plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Learning & Development - Through continued education/mentorship on the job and our investment in LinkedIn Learning, we’re focused on your growth as a working professional
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility.