- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is the Supply Chain Manager role important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to manage and continue to build out our global supply chain by maintaining strong relationships with our current manufacturing partners and by sourcing, qualifying, and contracting new suppliers that offer complementary manufacturing services.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for growing Shapeways’ manufacturing network geographically, expand Shapeways’ service portfolio and manage operational relationships with world-class additive and conventional manufacturing service providers. In the first six months in the role, the key deliverable is to build out an executive-level presentation of the additive and non-additive manufacturing landscape in the Asia-Pacific area.
In this role, you will:
- Report to the Director of Global Supply Chain, work remote and independently in the North America region
- Establish a manufacturing footprint and grow Shapeways’ market share in the Asia-Pacific region
- Build a comprehensive overview of the regions additive manufacturing capabilities
- Support the roll-out of Shapeways’ proprietary software platform to manufacturers globally
- Develop and manage strategic, operational, and commercial relationships with new and existing manufacturers around the world to drive revenue and profitability targets
- Structure and negotiate business terms, contracts, and onboard new manufacturers and suppliers
- Partner closely with our Commercial teams to aggressively grow top-line revenue by enabling manufacturing solutions that meet customer requirements
- Work with the Materials team to create business plans and execute launches for new materials and services
- Work with our Finance, Business Development, and Marketing teams to build forecasts, analyze trends, and provide the foundation for growth in manufacturing
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 6+ years experience in operations or supply chain focused on manufacturing, and preferably supply chain management with proven experience in sourcing in technology-driven environments
- Bachelor’s degree required, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management degree preferred
- A deep understanding of the Asia-Pacific manufacturing landscape is a must
- Fluent in the Mandarin and/or Cantonese language(s) is a must
- Strong negotiation and result-driven aptitude, with proven cost analysis and modeling skills
- Strategic problem-solver -- you love a challenge and want to improve things, constantly looking for ways to make things easier and better, live and die by metrics and results
- Brilliant multitasker and calm crisis manager who loves getting stuff done
- Great communicator, friendly, personable, and always customer focused
- Natural leader who wants the opportunity to grow fast and has a proven track record of excelling at working independently
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)