- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Shapeways’ digital manufacturing platform offers customers access to high-quality manufacturing from start to finish through automation, innovation, and digitization. The company’s purpose-built software, its wide selection of materials and technologies, and global supply chain lower manufacturing barriers and speed delivery of quality products. Shapeways’ digital manufacturing services have empowered more than one million customers worldwide to produce more than 21 million parts using 11 different technologies and 90 different materials and finishes.
Headquartered in New York City, Shapeways has ISO 9001-compliant manufacturing facilities in Long Island City, NY, and the Netherlands and a network of verified partners around the globe. In April 2021, Shapeways and Galileo Acquisition Corp, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, announced they entered into a definitive merger agreement for a merger transaction. Upon closing of the merger, the combined company is expected to be listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol, SHPW.
Why is a Senior Java Software Engineer important to us?
Shapeways is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join our technology team. Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical skills to oversee projects of moderate complexity. The candidate should understand the business that their code supports and work to identify risks (in code, features, and design) and communicate these to the appropriate parties. If you’re up for the challenge of helping us transform the 3D printing industry, then this role is for you!
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will:
- Lead the design and development of innovative solutions to both technical and business problems
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specifications
- Promote the adoption of new technologies while continuously advancing and evolving our legacy codebase
- Collaborate with team members to refine our best practices and processes
- Participate in code reviews, write automated tests, and help define our technical roadmap
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent relevant experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in building, scaling and operating large scale backend (Java) applications
- Comfortable working with, and helping to modernize, a legacy framework/codebase
- Adept in database design, query optimizations, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks such as Spring (Core and Boot), Play
- Prior experience integrating 3rd-party REST/SOAP APIs and interfaces
- Ability to work with uncertainty and flexibility to pivot with changing priorities
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Prior experience writing Unit/Functional/End-to-End tests
- Good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with a cloud-native stack, i.e. build on AWS, use technologies like Kubernetes and Serverless
- Working knowledge of Python and/or PHP
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress.
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office (when we’re back in the office)