- San Jose, CA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 9, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
We are looking for a superstar cross-functional leader to support our goals as we integrate more data-driven decision-making into product strategy and develop the future of shop management.
As our Lead Product Analyst, you will be responsible for building and implementing the foundational elements of a product analytics function to enable the product and design teams to inform more decisions with data.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the product analytics program, from the tools utilized and the implementation and operation of Shopmonkey’s product data systems. You will work cross functionally across the organization including executive leadership to enable data driven decision making. You will ensure that product teams, business functions, and executives have the data, insights, and recommendations they need to make high-stakes decisions.
You have the Opportunity to:
- Own the vision and priorities for product analytics at Shopmonkey and build a product analytics function with systems and practices that enable the product and design teams to make data-driven product decisions,
- Work collaboratively with Product leadership to ensure that the products we build align with our short- and long-term goals by (1) owning and evolving our core product KPIs, (2) tracking our progress along these KPIs, and (3) investigating shifts to help our Product Managers and Designers better understand what is driving performance.
- Derive insights from data to influence product roadmaps and drive business results.
- Conduct exploratory analysis to address high impact, open-ended questions that are key to product strategy.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products.
- Identify the opportunities most important for growth, to remove barriers for product adoption, retention, engagement, and/or monetization and help support projects based on what’s identified to accelerate the growth and adoption of Shopmonkey with our customers.
- Analyze the results of experiments to determine what should launch or not. Learn from and iterate on those experiments by identifying additional opportunities to drive growth.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and allow us to monitor the health of product adoption in the markets we serve.
- Develop analytical frameworks, techniques and reporting to measure ongoing product usage and deliver actionable user insights.
- Build a portfolio of reports and dashboards that enable Product leadership to keep a pulse on our top-level KPIs and develop a quantitative understanding of what levers to pull to influence performance.
- Design and implement appropriate systems and tools for managing data, reporting, and analytics requests and ensure regular scheduled reporting as well as ad-hoc reporting.
We are looking for People who:
- Proven track record of product analyst roles for B2B software companies with widely used and loved products.
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on experience in a product analytics, management consulting or related role leading complex software development programs with cross-functional teams.
- Strong ability to condense complex concepts and translate analyses into clear and concise takeaways and recommendations that drive action.
- You love the art of data analytics and have experience in transforming data into visually understandable formats for decision makers.
- Outstanding intellectual horsepower and the ability to think through a broad range of business issues.
- Deep knowledge and experience in reporting, analysis, and data tools such as Segment, Amplitude, Tableau, Snowflake, Looker, Qlik, etc. (or similar tools) is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years experience writing and tuning SQL queries and building reports/dashboards.
- Experience partnering with business intelligence engineers and product engineers to pull data from data stores using SQL.
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and customers to have a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.