- Atlanta, GA
- Date Posted
- Aug. 16, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Content Designers on the Product Design team collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, and product managers to craft simple, straightforward and human experiences. Your words will help customers learn, solve their problems, and get the most out of our products. You’ll help define the narrative strategy, interface development, and language systems for the next wave of Shopmonkey products. Then you’ll use data to understand how to improve experiences and content to help customers have delightful experiences.
This position requires a deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process. You’ll be expected to design and deliver product flows, in-product messaging, content frameworks, information architecture, navigation, product naming, and more for all platforms.
- You’re a writer who loves user experience design.
- See words as an incredibly powerful design material for connecting with people
- You’re passionate about the customer.
- You love language, problem solving, and sharing knowledge to help the team learn and grow.
- Your varied writing experiences allow you to channel different tones within different contexts.
- Have a learning mindset no matter what you’re working on.
- You love it when the tech in your world makes things delightful and fun and want to make technology simpler and friendlier.
- You are articulate and prepared.
- Design, write, edit, test and improve content that makes our products easier to use. This includes product flows, interface language, product names, navigational nomenclature, terminology, taxonomies and other content across Shopmonkey products and experiences.
- Collaborate daily with peers across disciplines, including engineering, design, research, marketing and analytics. Capitalize on multiple sources of customer data to inform your content design.
- Give and solicit feedback from your design peers in service of building the best products.
- Contribute to projects in ways that enhance the clarity and usability of product experiences.
- Identify problems you can help solve and deliver on them.
- Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and innovations and effectively pitch those ideas to the team and stakeholders
- Edit and contribute to designs and content in Figma or other design tools.
A Day in the Life
A content designer on the product design team will be working on all of our products and features, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. A day in this role might include:
- Participate in a co-writing session with designers and product managers
- Define the logic and write conversational UI content for a new user experience flow
- Brainstorm with a designer on how make error messages more human
- Participate in a design session to uncover the core concepts, customer language, and top questions you need to support in the user experience
- Spending time with QA, and Legal to ensure content appears properly for every audience
- Conduct competitive research to inform your content strategy and voice
- Present naming and language recommendations for a new product or feature
- Reviewing product screens and making edits to labels and copy
- Ability to oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Know how to work with and create wireframes and functional specs.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining open to adjustments based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- 2+ years designing content for B2B web and/or mobile applications, with portfolio of UX writing/content for review
The US is the second-largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and customers to have a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.