- California, US
- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
We’re looking for energetic and talented professional to join our growing team as a Payroll Manager. This role will be the first payroll hire at Shopmonkey. This role offers a unique opportunity to provide both accounting and finance expertise. The payroll team will collaborate closely with both the Finance team and the People Operations team but will interface directly with all teams at Shopmonkey. As the Payroll Manager at Shopmonkey, you will oversee and supervise the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with applicable regulations. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help develop efficient and scalable processes that will enable the accounting team to keep pace with Shopmonkey’s tremendous growth. This position is based out of the San Jose, CA office, with a possibility to work remote.
You have the Opportunity for:
- Ownership of multi-state payrolls for all categories of employees, which includes ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness, and proper cut-off for each payroll cycle as well as compliance with internal policies and applicable regulations;
- Close collaboration with the Accounting team during the month-end close process, including preparation and review payroll related journal entries and completion of reconciliations for systems and sub-ledgers to ensure completeness and accuracy of all elements of payroll-related expenses and withholdings;
- Assisting with annual forecasting and budgeting process
- Acting as an internal subject-matter expert for payroll-related projects, topics, and tasks, including but not limited to improvements to internal policies and procedures to ensure scalability;
- Close collaboration with the HR function on parts of the employee onboarding and offboarding processes that impact payroll, as well as annual benefits selections;
- You’ll also handle new hire setup, tax form processing, benefits deductions setup, terminations, garnishments, etc.
- Ensuring that we are properly set-up with state registrations on an as needed basis. With a thriving team expanding into a hybrid working world, you’ll ensure we maintain compliance with state and local tax jurisdictions- monitoring state, provincial, and local registrations for payroll taxes, local health and state unemployment insurance, workers compensation, etc.
- Leading payments and payroll process for Ukraine employees and contractors
- Building strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external service providers;
- Ownership of payroll-related controls and their documentation
- Supporting all internal and external audits related to payroll as well as any required ad hoc reporting
- Driving process improvements and automate manual workflows to achieve efficiency and scalability
We are looking for People who have:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related experience
- Experience working in a SMB/enterprise software, SaaS, or other hi-tech company
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Proficient with payroll systems (ie Gusto) and HRIS platforms (ie BambooHR)
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong sense of ownership and curiosity to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and effectively interact with cross functional groups
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Talent in navigating complex decision points in order to ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Excellent interpersonal skills, accurate and detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field.
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.