- California, US
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
At Shopmonkey, we’re redefining the future of shop management and growing our team of product leaders to define and build on our vision of helping shops everywhere thrive.
We are looking for a smart, humble and hungry product manager with a track record of driving new products and features from concept to successful launch and market adoption.
In this role, you will own the strategy, development and launch of products related to our Shopmonkey Payments product area plus other financial technologies (accounting, financing, etc.) to meet the needs of automotive shop owners and teams across North America.
This role requires strong and proactive leadership and the ability to be an individual contributor driving large product initiatives. You will champion best product development practices to deliver phenomenal value and delightful experiences to our customers while building new business lines for the company.
You’ll have an opportunity to:
- Own and drive the strategic direction of Shopmonkey Payments for customers across web and mobile for every shop from the single location to the enterprise brands
- Help envision and build new product features and strategies; Lead a squad (designers + engineers) focused on the definition of payments capabilities
- Develop and maintain the product roadmap for the Shopmonkey payments and other financial solutions and prioritize in conjunction with other internal partners
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the payments landscape
- Be the go-to product expert for other internal teams, executives, sales, marketing, customers, and partners
- Independently execute across all areas of the product lifecycle (research, concept, user stories, development, go-to-market, adoption)
- Build strong working relationships with developers, designers, UX researchers, sales engineers, and people from all departments
- Engage closely with our customers (and end-users) to understand their current processes and needs, and translate those into product capabilities
- Leverage user analytics to release impactful features
- Work closely with marketing, success, sales, and support teams to take products to market
- Travel may be required
We are looking for people who:
- 5+ years of outstanding software (ideally SaaS) product management experience
- Prior experience in fintech, payments, or related financial technology products is a must
- Expert at working in the agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, sprints, personas)
- Strong analytical abilities and prior experience with building business cases, data analysis, and problem solving
- Excellent communication, writing, and presenting skills
- Ability to analyze user data and extract business requirements from multiple stakeholders and transform them into usable and elegant product specifications
- Strong technical background in product development and/or software development
- A continuous curiosity about financial technologies, staying up to date on industry trends and how our customers use Shopmonkey
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others
- BS/BA in Business or Computer Science field strongly preferred or equivalent practical experience
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a venture-funded, cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.