- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will define and execute product strategies and drive Go-To-Market. You will accelerate growth by contributing to the strategic direction of key products and lead the team in delivering clear value propositions, positioning, and messaging. Your contributions will be instrumental in hitting ambitious goals driving the growth of our company. You will be responsible for building: methodology to derive incredible insights, world class brand positioning, and strategic campaigns.
You have the Opportunity to:
- Lead and drive end-to-end product marketing strategy and roadmap, including priorities and performance metrics
- Identify short-term and long-term department goals and resource needs, including the development and management of annual marketing budgets, spend, and other financial considerations
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Sales to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
We are looking for People who:
- Bachelors in marketing, advertising, or communications
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to build high performing teams
- Passion for working in and managing a fast-paced, collaborative, high environment
- Experience developing and executing go-to-market marketing strategies around SaaS product releases
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and customers to have a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.